Knowledge Tags allow you to add schema as well as easily sync entity information from Local SEOPRO to your website.
Note: In order to optimize the SEO benefits of Knowledge Tags, make sure that the following fields are populated with data in the Knowledge Graph: Name, Address, Phone, Photo Gallery (with at least one photo), Website URL, Hours, and Category.
To add Knowledge Tags:
- Click Location Optimization in the main navigation.
- Click Add Knowledge Tags to Your Website button along the right sidebar.
- Add Schema Markup.
- Click on the Select Entity button and select the desired entity.
- Obtain the Script Tag and add it to the source code of the desired webpage, ideally at the end of thetag.
- To easily obtain script tags for each of your entities, replace the numbers after location_id= or event_id= with the relevant Store ID or Event ID.
- To create one script tag for one webpage that includes multiple entities, add multiple Store IDs to the script in the following format:
<script async src=”https://knowledgetags.yextpages.net/embed?key=SECRETKEY&account_id=ACCOUNTID&location_id=
<script async src=”https://knowledgetags.yextpages.net/embed?key=SECRETKEY&account_id=ACCOUNTID&event_id=
- <script async src=”https://knowledgetags.yextpages.net/embed?key=SECRETKEY&account_id=ACCOUNTID&location_id=
- Best Practice: The schema should match the visual content on the page. Schema should be added to pages on your website where the primary purpose is to showcase a location, person, or event (e.g., pages that include name, address, phone number, hours, map).
- Set up Knowledge Sync.
- Obtain embed codes for the fields you would like powered by Local SEOPRO. To view additional entity fields, click on the More Fields link.
- Add the embed codes wherever you would like them to appear on your website.
- Verify that schema was installed correctly.
- Visit Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Enter a URL into the text box, and click RUN TEST.
- Click on the Scan URL button and enter the URL of the webpage to confirm that the installation was successful.
- Note: If schema is successfully installed, you will see your entity information listed in the right panel of the Google Structured Testing Tool.